Adult orthodontics are an option today. While these teeth straightening devices were often only used in teens, they are more accessible to older men and women. That means that you can improve your smile in many cases. At Splendid Dental Bellaire, we offer a range of adult orthodontic services, including the most innovative, modern options.
Are Adult Orthodontics the Right Choice for You?
Orthodontics are devices placed into the mouth to move the teeth into the proper position gently. This process takes time as the devices gently adjust the alignment. They can correct many types of problems with teeth, including misalignment, gaps, crowding problems, and over and underbites. If you have one of these conditions, the best way to determine if there are treatments to help you is to visit an orthodontist.
Why Should You Invest in Adult Orthodontics Services?
The good news is today’s devices now work to help many adults to see improvements in their smiles. While that may be the primary reason you are considering an investment in these devices, others are well worth exploring as well. That includes:
- Reducing the risk of early tooth decay and gum disease development: Both of these conditions can develop because of the difficulty in proper brushing and flossing when there are misalignments present. That can mean these devices can actually help to improve your dental health.
- Improve chewing and biting ability: Another key benefit of using these devices is that they can help to give you a healthier bite. They can also make chewing more effective. If you have gastrointestinal problems due to poor chewing or stopped eating certain foods, this may provide better results.
- Improved smile: There is no doubt that this is one of the core benefits of getting orthodontics. If you want a smile that you can be proud of, having teeth straightening procedures completed may be just the right option. It can help restore your smile or give you a natural look you have always hoped to have since you were younger.
How Does the Process of Orthodontics Work?
If you think that these products may help you, the first step is a consultation. During this consultation, you’ll have x-rays completed and an exam. The goal is to determine the overall health of your gums, teeth, and tissues in your mouth. If there are concerns about tooth decay or gum disease, it may be essential to have these improved first before moving forward.
The consultation is also an excellent time to talk about the range of products available. We offer dental aligners and clear braces, for example. These products are hard to see once they are in place, and they tend to work very well for adults. However, other options are available as well, including traditional metal braces. For some people, this may work well.
You do not have to make an initial decision right away. It’s a good idea to compare options to determine which is the right course of action for you.
Our team at Splendid Dental Bellaire is happy to answer all of your questions you have during your consultation. We also provide all dental services you may need, including:
- General dentistry services
- Orthodontic services
- Cosmetic dentistry services
- Preventative dental care
- Oral surgery providers
Explore the Treatment Options at Splendid Dental Bellaire
At Splendid Dental Bellaire, we offer a range of adult orthodontic services. Each of these services may work to improve your smile. To find out, schedule an appointment with our dental team. Let our professionals provide you with insight into each of your options during a consultation. To schedule one, call 713-244-7797 or connect with us online today.